neděle 18. srpna 2013

ŽELEZNÝ DĚDEK - 2nd place


When you say " Železný dědek" every cyclist in the Czech would know what  you are talking about. It´s one of the most popular cycling race in the Czech. It´s organised by people from the team Česyk and one of them is my very good friend Marek Tupý.
Competition is placed in the village Soběhrdy and  popularity of these event is growing every year.
This year was my 2nd time I took part in and I was hoping for some good result, although it was after very long and difficult triathlon season. 
Race was for girls 50km long and I had recognized some of the faces from the last year. We started in the same time as category VIP, but from the beggining of the race it was just woman in the very first peloton. After an accident what happened to me last year I was still very affraid of downhill rides, so when downhill was comming I was always at the end of the peleton, but before climbing up I was the leader most of the time and I knew that I am stronger in the hills than other girls and it might be my advantage. I haven´t done many cycling races before, so I didn´t know the tactic, but I was hoping for escape in the finished line, which was placed on the top of the hill. 
I was first before finish line, but unfortunately one girl was stronger than me and she won by few second.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat